Friday, February 3, 2012

Many Faces of the Kitchen

We thought it would be fun to share our kitchens with you.  So I get to go first!  I like to have a place for everything and everything in it's place, it doesn't always work out that way, but I have found that when my kitchen is in order it makes things so much easier.

I hear people complain that it's too much work to cook or it takes too long.  I think if you have a kitchen that is well stocked with the basics, along with some fun stuff, it makes all the difference in the world.  I have a "Galley Style" kitchen.  For those of you not familiar with that term - it refers to a kitchen that has a center walkway with the counters, appliances, and such along either side.  It can be a pretty tight kitchen, but it is also one of the most efficient kitchens - for one or two people.  After that, well let's just say it isn't pretty.

When I designed my new kitchen (compliments of a tornado, yes tornado), I wanted to take advantage of every inch.  So I chose to have the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling.  I also opted for wide deep drawers instead of all bottom cabinets.  Because I don't have a lot of counter space I try to keep it as clutter free as I can.

I thought I would share some photos of my kitchen with you;




Now that you can see the basic layout of my kitchen
I'll give you a peek of how I have it stocked.

By the sink and dishwasher I try to keep all the items that can easily be unloaded and put away.







Beside the stove, I try to keep the things I need at hand.






Not to mention a few things in the oven warmer!
 ~
I  also have  an area just to the left of my stove that I use as my "Baker's Center".
Here in these cabinets and drawers I try to keep all of the items I need when I bake.







This is the work horse of my kitchen - I use it for just about everything!

Above my refrigerator I keep things like my crock pot, fondue pot, and roasting pan.
Things that I need, but don't use on a weekly basis.

Under my sink I keep my cleaning supplies
and of course we need food, not to mention a few junk drawers.








Now I do have a variety of my pantry items in my garage, but I'll save that for another post.

I also should tell you that with the limited space in the kitchen
I have an amazing hutch in my dining room
that I use to house a lot of my other kitchen items.  Mostly things I don't use on a regular basis.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...