Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Out of Milk!

If you have read any parts of this blog, I am sure it did not take you long to figure out that we girls are always in pursuit of getting organized. Not sure what that's all about - calmness, sense of order, control issues... Who knows, but it is what it is. And I must say, it makes me happy to feel some part of my life is put together. At least for a short time.


Anyway .. the good stuff.  A while back my friend (apparently I attract others with similar qualities) shared a fun app with me for my smart phone.  Out of Milk.  For those of you like me, I have had my smart phone for a little over a year and I am certain I under utilize it.  So needless to say it took me a little while to start using the app (and must admit I still am only using a very small portion of it).

This app is great!  I love it - well worth the money.  Site says $1.99 today, but I may have paid $4.99.  You can use it obviously on your phone, but also on your computer, which I think is a really nice feature.



Today though I wanted to play around with the Pantry List part of the app - it helps you keep track of what you have in your pantry and how much.  Great right!  Well unless you have to sit and manually enter each item. NO! It has a scan that let's you use your phone to scan the barcode, look up the item, and then you simply add the quantity.


I just tackled my spice rack today and spent about 15 minutes scanning the draw. 



I am still learning how to use it, but it is just so darn cool I had to share.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...