Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 1, the Monument to Women

Memorial Garden...

Our first stop in Historic Nauvoo was the Visitor's Center.  Here they have a lovely garden dedicated to women.  On occasion I will get questions about women in our church. I realize that the world and some of the members of our church think that as women we are looked down upon or that we are inferior to the men because we do not hold the priesthood.  I have never felt that way, actually quite the contrary.  As I walked through this monument with my son I couldn't help but think how very different we each interpret things to be, because I felt an overwhelming feeling of love and purpose.  As I gazed at the bronze figures my heart was tender to all of the beautiful moments in my life that where represented here.  I knew that each of these images portrayed those things that had brought true joy to my life and had helped to mold me into the person I am...as well the person I will continue to become as I stay on a path of continual learning.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...