Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Game Party

Our family loves to play games when we get together.   Phase 10 and Dominoes are two of our favorites, but last March we were introduced to a really fun dice game called "FARKLE"So when my son's birthday came around, just a few weeks later, we took our inspiration from;
I wasn't sure how that would work out for twelve, twelve year old, so we just evolved to a Rotating Game Party

I will share that this was a very last minute party idea, so I was going for something that was simple.  Game boards are so colorful and fun all by themselves, that I kinda let that be the decoration.
I did say I wanted something simple, right?!

 


So here was how it went...
As the kids came in they drew a color chip (red, green, yellow, or blue).
Each color chip had a number on it - 1, 2, or 3. So there were four 1's, four 2's, & four 3's.
The number corresponded to a particular game table already set up. 
The color was the chair they sat in.
As they began to play a timer was set for 10 minutes.
When the timer went off they rotated to the next game - 
sitting in their color seat and picking up exactly where 
the previous player left off.

After about 40 minutes or so of this we ate and did all the usual birthday hoopla. 
To finish the party they all played 

It was really fun & the kids laughed the whole time.
I am sure I could have gotten more elaborate, but this was great for a fast and EASY party.

At the 3 tables we played; SORRY!, Yahtzee!, & Pictureca!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...